Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hiya 2012

We had a fabulous Christmas (I hope you did too). I had 16 straight days off work and it was heavenly, but that makes getting back into the swing of things all the more difficult. My body (and mind) still isn't used to not being able to eat and nap every two hours.

I'll be back later this week with a few Christmas wrap-up posts, but first I wanted to wish you a happy new year and talk a bit about resolutions.

Last year I laid out my goals for 2011 at the beginning of the year and then did a check-in halfway through. Sadly, I don't have much more to report since my check-in in August (but I'm chalking that up to having made so much progress in the first 7 months of the year!).

I did continue my movie streak (if you're interested -- Aug: The Help, Sept: Contagion, Oct: Moneyball, Nov: Breaking Dawn Part 1) but didn't make it to the movies in December (which is ironic because that's usually the time of year we go at least once or twice). I did watch Love Actually, Clueless, Bridesmaids and Super 8 from the comfort of my sister's couch though, so that works.

I continued on my quest to recycle more and squeezed in our third vacation of the year. I didn't take any more classes but I DID sign up for an Intermediate Photography class at the end of January, so that counts right?

The big fat fail for the year? Running a 5k. I didn't get close, and didn't even really try. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm just not a fan of running and as long as there's a zumba, spinning or kickboxing class available to me, I'll choose it over running any day.

So now that there's a bright shiny new year staring us in the face, what are my new goals? The truth is, I don't really know yet. I'm thinking this is going to be a make-and-achieve-goals-as-we-go kind of year. The two that I do know so far:

1. Continue to grow my photography and Photoshop skills. It's a hobby that I love and I've just started to scratch the surface on all there is to learn.

2. Be a better blogger. I'm not trying to be the next Dooce or Pioneer Woman or make a living blogging. But I do enjoy it and I want to be more consistent about posting. My 12 Days of Christmas series was so challenging to me since I wasn't used to posting every day, but I loved the feedback I received and in the end it was worth it. I'm not under any illusion that I'll be posting everyday, but at least 3 times a week is what I'm thinking of shooting for. And if I'm going to be taking the time to post, I might as well try to grow my audience so there are more of you out there following along.

So, have you made any resolutions or set any goals for 2012? If so I'd love to hear them.

2011 was overall a great year for us. Although there were definitely low points, we really can't complain. But I'm so excited to see what 2012 is going to bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...