Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Well, that post scored me an invitation to be a VIP at the Chick-fil-A premiere night. Sahhhh-weet! The restaurant doesn't officially open until Thursday, but Lee and I got a sneak peak tonight, as well as some tasty grub and nice swag.
What exactly does a Chick-fil-A premiere night consist of? Well, it starts with a red carpet arrival, violin players, and candles and flowers on every table.
Next was an appetizer of chick-n-minis (soooo good)...
And a salad course complete with a server walking around offering fresh ground pepper. (I look like a doof in this picture but it's the only one with me and my I heart Chick-fil-A sticker.)
Up next was a behind-the-scenes tour of the kitchen.
Buns and bevs:
One of the things that sets Chick-fil-A apart - they use name brand products in their food: Oreos, Keebler Nilla wafers, Hershey's chocolate, Dole pineapple chunks, etc., so you know you're getting the real thing and not some knockoff.
This is the breading station. They hand-bread every piece of chicken served. It goes through a milk wash, seasoned coating, and then straight into the fryer/pressurizer. The bottom of the station is refrigerated so the chicken stays cool throughout the process.
Can't wait to go back for "real" next time!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
- Cool little sketchpad application.
- Wish I was this skilled at cupcake decorating.
- Would you not LOVE to throw a dinner party with all of these materials at your fingertips?
- Check out this amazing-photo-session-turned-surprise-proposal on photographer Amy Free's blog.
- And speaking of engagements, check out this post from Weddings in the City out of Charlotte. Notice someone familiar?
- Two of my favorite things in this world are: Ellen DeGeneres and So You Think You Can Dance. So I was so excited to see this on the season premiere of her show this week. Even more entertaining was the footage from the first rehearsal with the dancers.
Have a good weekend!