Monday, September 14, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner



Just had to take a moment to acknowledge the passing of Patrick Swayze. He's always held a special place in my heart.

When I was little, my mom had a picture of him on the door in her closet. Thinking back on it now, that was kind of weird. But it didn't seem that way back then. It was just Patrick Swayze. In the closet. And you smiled at him when you went in or out.

Of course, my love for Patrick Swayze stems from my love for Dirty Dancing. My cousin Jessica and I would watch the movie EVERY Saturday when we were little -- probably way too little to be watching Dirty Dancing. We wore that VHS tape out. It would be years later before I realized what was going on in the abortion scene. All we knew was that the sexy scenes made us "feel funny."

Ahhh Patrick, you played a special part in so many young girls' lives. You will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember that picture in the closet. Oh Patrick...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...