Monday, September 28, 2009

Yard Sale

This weekend was our big yard sale weekend. A while back, we set the date to have a yard sale with Lee's sister and his parents at his parent's house.

For the most part, I hate yard sales. I like the opportunity to declutter and, of course, to make money. But most of the time I just feel like they're not worth the time and effort. They can also be frustrating too. You take something out of your house that you JUST had hanging on your wall and probably paid a good $40 for, and will someone pay $1 for it? Oh heck no. They have to try to haggle you down to $0.50 for it. I mean come on people.

Anywho, after spending all week gathering up our yard sale crap lovely items and spending a good two hours packing the truck, AND constantly checking the weather because the chance of rain on Saturday was, of course, something like 200%, we made it to Grifton and made it up bright and early Saturday to get everything set up. (Don't even get me STARTED on why yard sales can't start at a decent hour, like say noon?)

I have to say though, there is no yard sale like a Wade yard sale. Lee's parents' house is in the perfect high-traffic location...it's like a magnet for yard salers. As soon as we got started at 7am, we had no less than 5 people in the yard at all times until we quit at noon.

We were so busy I barely had time to catch my breath, much less take pictures, but here's one of some of the spread:


Not only did the rain hold out for us, but we had a very successful day. Lee and I made $458. All together, the three families made $1,083. Not bad for a morning's (well, more like a week's) work, huh?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...