Two tightwad items to tell you about this week:
1. Last week was "super double" coupon week at the Teeter. Usually, Harris Teeter doubles coupons up to $0.99, but every once in a while they do a promo where they double coupons up to $1.98. This makes me really excited to use my $1.00 and $1.50 coupons. I think I like super doubles even more than triples. Here's some of what I got:
- 2 free bottles of Vitamin Water
- 2 free Yakisoba ramen noodle meals
- 1 free Wholly Guacamole
- $0.55 bottle of Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce (normally $3.55)
- $0.50 bottle of fancy Girard's salad dressing (normally $4.29)
- $0.65 bottle of Pert Plus Men's shampoo + conditioner (normally $3.65)
Total before coupons was $62.24, price after coupons and VIC savings was $22.52 (I bought 20 different items). Not too shabby.
One thing to note though -- I don't normally shop at HT unless they're running one of their coupon specials. And even then, I usually buy only the items that I have coupons for and whatever other necessities I might need. But we buy the bulk of our groceries for the week at Walmart because it's so much cheaper there.
2. Have you heard about Chick-fil-A's new spicy chicken sandwich? It debuts next week and you can reserve your FREE sandwich now. Just go to http://www.getspicychicken.com/, enter your zip code to reserve your sandwich.
Of course, I used two different email addresses and reserved a sandwich for both Lee and myself. It would be nice if you didn't have to specify when you're going to go get your sandwich, but I can understand where they're coming from (trying to avoid a KFC Oprah coupon fiasco perhaps?). I'm not a huge spicy person, so I have a feeling I'll be sticking with my classic #1 sandwich, but for free I am sure willing to give it a try.