Thursday, May 31, 2012

26 Weeks, and Baby Girl has a name!

1. How far along? 26 weeks, 2 days

2. How big? The size of a head of lettuce -- 14 inches and almost 2 lbs

3. We had a doctor's appointment today and got to see our girl on screen (Lee made sure to confirm that she is in fact still a girl). The sight of her precious profile will never get old. She even had the hiccups during the ultrasound! Her heart rate was a healthy 149bmp and she's measuring in the 43rd percentile, so pretty much right on track.

4. And, our sweet girl officially has a name:


Ava is a name we both immediately loved. We had second thoughts at one point because we found out it's been popular in recent years (we had no idea, as we don't know any other Ava's) but we had already started calling her that and nothing else seemed to be able to change that. Our original middle name was Claire, which is my middle name, but it's also become really popular recently and we decided if we were going to go with Ava we wanted a less common middle name. Pearce is a name from my mom's family (my grandfather's middle name) that I've always loved. So Ava Pearce Wade it is!

5. I've made lots of progress this week on the nursery as well. Ok, not really. It's still a blank room with just board and batten and gray paint. But I've made lots of virtual progress and that counts, right? I ordered her bedding (!) and put together this mood board for what I want to do.








Nothing is set in stone yet (except the bedding) but I'm excited to finally have a plan and be able to get moving. I'm 80% sold on my furniture choices and am hoping we'll be able to order the dresser and glider this weekend (the crib won't be available for order from Pottery Barn Kids until July). 

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...