Tuesday, June 5, 2012

27 Weeks

1. How far along? 27 weeks. Officially in the 3rd trimester!

2. How big? The size of a head of cauliflower -- 14.5 inches and 2 lbs. Although we certainly hope she stays put for a long while, if she were born today she has a good chance of survival at this point.

3. We had a productive weekend on the baby front. On Saturday afternoon/evening we:

- Ordered our glider and dresser from Smart Momma in Raleigh. They'll be in in about 4-6 weeks.
- Went to Pottery Barn Kids to look at the crib I had in mind and decided to go for it. (It won't be available for order until July, but should only take a week or so to come in once it becomes available. Fingers crossed that this is true.)
- Bought Lee some clothes. (Not baby related but much needed.)
- Did a little maternity shopping at Gap.
- Went to Jared to have my rings cleaned, inspected and sized up in preparation for summer/pregnancy swelling.
- Started our registry at Babies R Us. I say started because we were exhausted and drained and only made it halfway through (and I'm sure I'll go back and change half of what I did register for).
- Had a delicious dinner at PF Chang's.

4. Although we had a great weekend, I had my glucose tolerance test hanging over my head all weekend. I found out on Thursday that I failed the 1-hour glucose test that checks for gestational diabetes and would have to take the 3-hour test. All weekend I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the strict diet, finger pricks and all of the other things that come along with a gestational diabetes diagnosis. I had to report to the hospital at 7am Monday morning, drink another round of sugary Glucola (on an empty stomach) and proceed to have my blood drawn every hour for the next 3 hours. But thankfully, I passed! I was stuck in a meeting when the nurse at my doctor's office called with the results. I can't tell you how happy I was to check my voicemail and hear: "You are NOT diabetic, you passed all of your glucose levels, so life is rich and full." That was such a weight off my shoulders and I definitely did a little happy dance.

5. I came home from work today to a package -- Ava's baby bedding! I took it up to her room, sat on the floor and opened it. And it's perfect! I can't wait to be able to start putting things together in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...