Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Talk

Photobucket

Some basics:
  • How far along? 13 weeks and some change (this pic of baby Wade's beautiful mug was taken at 12 weeks).
  • I'm at the end of my first trimester/beginning of second, and I have to say I've been feeling pretty good. No true morning sickness, just a bit of "wow that seems really unappetizing right now" and decreased appetite. And now even that is gone. I've been more tired than usual, but overall I really can't complain.
  • Of course, our families are ecstatic. My parents will be grandparents for the first time, and Lee's parents will have a new grandchild for the first time in 9 years. (Not to mention how excited both of our sisters are.)
  • Yes, we will be finding out the gender. If you know how much of a planner I am, this should be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen for another month or so.
Some deep stuff:
  • In the beginning, I was terrified. Not of being pregnant or becoming a parent, but terrified that something would go wrong. That it would end in sadness. I've never before felt anxiety like that. It was all-consuming and very scary. But somehow I managed to get through and hearing that glorious heartbeat at 8 weeks really helped put my mind at peace. Of course, I still worry and run through all sorts of "what ifs" in my mind, but hopefully the terrible anxiety of those first few weeks is behind me.
  • Keeping the secret was so weird. There are lots of pregnant women at work, thus lots of talking about pregnancy and babies and the like. I came thisclose to slipping up several times. And I never knew there was almost this stigma about telling too early. I had lots of moments of "is it too early to tell?" and "will people judge me?" I'm starting to realize that (intentional or not) people can be very judgmental of pregnant women (and pregnant women of each other). What's with that?
And some fun stuff:
  • A fun fact: in our announcement picture, Sugar wasn't actually sitting between us. We used a tripod and remote release to take the picture, and there was no way she was going to sit between us and look at the camera with no one behind it. So I took the pic of Lee and I, then took a separate shot of just Sugar and photoshopped her in.
  • You might think we'd have some solid choices nailed down by now for baby names. Nope. Not for either gender. All the names I loved growing up that I just KNEW I'd want to name my kid? They all seem stupid now. I throw out names to Lee all the time, and they're usually met with either a "heck no" or "well, I don't hate it." Yet he's yet to throw one single (serious) suggestion into the pot. So yeah, this naming thing should be fun.
  • I can finally pin baby things on Pinterest! Hallelujah!
I'm going to try to do a weekly pregnancy check-in, although I don't know what form those will take yet. And I've also got a few non-baby-related posts in the works for you as well. So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I'm do happy for you! That's going to be one cool nursery :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...