Tuesday, March 20, 2012

16 Weeks

1. How far along? 16 weeks

2. How big is baby Wade? The size of an avocado.

3. Highlight of the week: we went for my 16 week appointment today. It was just a check-up (although we did get to hear that sweet heartbeat!) but the important part was that we scheduled our anatomy scan for April 5th. So in two and a half weeks we'll know if this baby is a he or a she! I can hardly contain myself.

5. Maternity clothes update: wearing "maternity" jeans for the first time today. I didn't go full panel though, just "low-rise knit panel." (I never even knew there were different options.) Everyone talks about how much they love maternity jeans, but I'm not crazy about them so far. They all feel like they sit too low and I can't hike them up high enough to feel right. Even the ones I'm wearing today feel like they're falling off and I'm constantly pulling them up. I'd prefer my rigged up rubber banded regular jeans, but they really do feel better when sitting down. I'm hoping when there's an actual belly to hold them up they'll feel better to me.

6. Belly laughs: I had another one of my signature pregnancy laugh/cry hormonal breakdowns this week. Riding home from the beach I was reading Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs. There was a funny part that I laughed out loud at, and so I read it to Lee. But I couldn't stop laughing, and before I knew it the tears were flowing. And then I was sobbing. Not in an I'm-sad way but definitely not your basic I'm-laughing-so-hard-that-a-few-tears-have-escaped way. Lee said (for about the 20th time already) "I'm not going to make it through this am I?" Followed by "It wasn't even that funny." And he's right, it wasn't.

7. Daddy freak out of the week: after I finished Jenny's book, Lee and I started talking about labor and delivery and I tried to prepare him for some of the things that might happen, stories I've heard from other women of what their birth was like, etc. He got this terrible look on his face and said "I don't want you to go through that! I don't want to do this! I change my mind!" So yeah, this is going to be fun.

I know this is my third straight week with just a weekly update post. I do have some non-pregnancy related posts in the hopper, I just need to get my act together enough to write and post them. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...