Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Dinner

We had both of our families up for dinner on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day.

I did a terrible job of taking pictures of actual PEOPLE, so instead I'll show you the menu and pictures of the FOOD.

Appetizers
Fresh Bruschetta

Beverages
Sweet Tea

Main
Barbecue Chicken
Summer Pasta Salad

Dessert

I don't really use a recipe for the bruschetta, it's just a mixture of diced tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and salt and pepper.

Photobucket

Some of the jalapenos were really really mild, and some packed a punch. The only problem? You can't tell which 'til you bite in.

Photobucket

Twice baked potatoes are a lot of work but oh so worth it.

Photobucket

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the pasta salad but it's nice and colorful. Here's the recipe: 16 oz. box rotini pasta, 4 hard boiled eggs, 1 cucumber, 2 diced tomatoes, 1 chopped green onion, 1 chopped onion, 2 shredded carrots. Mix together with dressing made from 1 3/4 cups mayo, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp salt.

These rolls were gorgeous, and pretty tasty too.

Photobucket

This was my first attempt at cheesecake, and it was pretty amazing if I do say so myself. Nutella makes EVERYTHING better.

Photobucket

The food was delish and I think everyone had a great time. Sugar sure was sad to see everyone go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...