Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My 8 Things

I've enjoyed reading these on other blogs, so I decided to make a list myself.

8 TV Shows I Like to Watch
  1. Friday Night Lights
  2. So You Think You Can Dance
  3. Glee
  4. Grey's Anatomy
  5. Brothers & Sisters
  6. Jersey Shore (GTL babyyyy)
  7. Real World Road Rules Challenge (keepin' it old school)
  8. Amazing Race
8 Favorite Places to Eat and Drink:
  1. J&S Pizza
  2. Firehouse Subs
  3. Chick-fil-A
  4. Pizza Villa
  5. Mexican (any)
  6. Parker & Otis
  7. Cheesecake Factory
  8. Maggiano's
8 Things I Look Forward To:
Now:
  1. Hammock time
  2. Reading before bed
  3. Trips to La Grange
  4. Checking Google Reader and catching up on my favorite blogs
  5. Trips to Target and Lowe's
Future:
  1. Building our dream house back home someday
  2. T-ball games and/or dance recitals (wayyy in the future)
  3. Seeing my parents become grandparents (again, future)

8 Things That Happened to Me This Weekend:
  1. Amazing dinner with friends at their new place
  2. Volunteered at Ride for Clive
  3. Bought peonies at Trader Joes; watched them bloom all weekend
  4. Also bought bouquet of flowers for cousin's dance recital; attended dance recital and delivered said flowers
  5. Had sleepover at sister's house with 5- and 11-year-old cousins -- one of the most fulfilling ways to spend a Saturday night
  6. Sang Party in the USA and Taylor Swift with cousins
  7. Took a nap on Saturday AND Sunday
  8. Sunday night routine of grocery shopping at Walmart
8 Things I am Passionate About:
  1. My husband
  2. My family
  3. My friends
  4. Our dog
  5. Being organized
  6. Good food
  7. Reading
  8. Doing my job well
8 Words or Phrases I Use or Hear Often:
Use:
  1. Sugar, no!
  2. Wait, I have a coupon for that
  3. Seriously?
  4. I love you
Hear:
  1. Whatever lady
  2. What's for dinner?
  3. Awesome corporate buzzwords like: circling back, teeing it up, moving the needle and touching base
  4. I love you

8 Things I Have Learned From the Past:
  1. Your high school friends will not be your for-life friends, with the exception of blonde girls named Sara that you've known since preschool
  2. Try your best and the rest will work out
  3. Listen to your mother, particularly when she says not to stand too close to the fireplace
  4. I should have practiced for that driving test
  5. No matter how much you dread going to the gym, you'll always be glad you went afterwards
  6. Find the person that makes you laugh and treats you well, and marry him
  7. Bowl cuts are not cute on 4th grade girls. Ever.
  8. It might rain on your wedding day. It's ok.
8 Places I Would Like to Visit:
  1. Australia (is our trip EVER going to get here??)
  2. Greece
  3. U.S. Virgin Islands
  4. Napa Valley
  5. Italy
  6. Paris
  7. Hawaii
  8. The Olympics (preferably summer, don't care what city)
8 Things I Currently Want/Need:
  1. A huge hydrangea bush (or two)
  2. A massage and/or pedicure
  3. New shorts
  4. Tickets to see Lady A in Cary in September
  5. A cleaning lady
  6. A fancy new washer and dryer
  7. My car to be fixed
  8. To get off the computer and watch the season finale of Glee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...