Tuesday, August 21, 2012

38 Weeks

1. How far along? 38 weeks today.

2. How big is baby? Probably about 6.5 lbs. We'll get a more accurate guess at our final ultrasound on Thursday.

3. We're officially to the point now where instead of "just stay in there a little longer baby" it's now "ok kid, anytime you want, bring it on." I don't think anything is happening yet, and I'm now convinced it's entirely possible that I'll go all the way to (or beyond) my due date. But it's exciting to know that that could change at any moment and suddenly it'll be "go time." To say that Lee is ready for her to come is an understatement. So the next two weeks are going to be an exercise in patience for us.

4. We had an awesome weekend of getting lots of things done, mostly errands and shopping. Since it was my first weekend being able to get out of the house since bedrest I of course drug Lee all over the county. One highlight is that we won a $120 Britax baby carrier from Smart Momma, a baby store here in Raleigh. They were having a one-day sale and "baby shower" this weekend with raffle prizes. We stopped in to pick out and buy a baby carrier since we didn't have one and then found out on Sunday that we won the exact carrier that we picked out and bought! (Don't worry, they'll give us our money back for the one we bought.)

5. I'm finally ready to call the nursery finished! I'm going to do my best to take pictures this afternoon (although it's been gloomy and overcast so far today) and post the nursery reveal tomorrow.

6. And just so I'll have a record of it, here's what my belly is looking like these days:

Photobucket

Yikes! She's getting so big (or maybe it's just me?). And yes, we have a bassinet in our bedroom now. Scary stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...