Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Souvenir Foto School

So I've done terrible on my resolution to blog more. But today is February 1st and that changes today! Why? Because I HAVE been doing well on my resolution to try and improve my photography.

First, I took an intermediate photography workshop in downtown Raleigh this weekend. It was short and sweet (just 2 hours) and honestly wasn't life-changing. But I did learn a thing or two I didn't know before (or had forgotten) and I did take this pretty cool picture of the instructor.

Photobucket

Second, I bit the bullet and signed up for Miss B's Souvenir Foto School. This session of Foto School is centered around the theme A-Z, and you commit to taking one photo a day for 30 days, each relating to a letter of the alphabet. You upload you photo each day to a private Flickr group and get feedback from the instructors and the class.

I've been thinking about signing up for the past year or so, but could never get the nerve. I just now submitted my first picture and even though some participants are solely shooting with iPhones or point-and-shoot cameras, I'm already feeling out of my league! There are some seriously creative people in the group! (And one of my blog idols, Jules from Pancakes and French Fries, is even in the class. Yikes!)

But I signed up because I want to practice and improve, and that's what I intend to do. And if we're being honest, I also signed up because I knew this would provide blog content for the entire month!

We were encouraged to pick a theme for our alphabet series, to narrow down our subjects and give us some guidance. Since it's February, I decided to choose Love. It could be things I love, photography techniques I love (wide aperture!) or straight up Valentine's candy.

So tomorrow I'll show you day 1. We have until midnight each day to post our pictures, so I'll post my photo here the following day. And I'll still be popping in with regular blog content here and there.

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...