Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Music

I love Christmas music, I really do. But 2 of the 4 radio stations I listen to switched over to 24/7 Christmas music before it was even Thanksgiving. This would not be a bad thing if it weren't for the fact that they play the same songs OVER and OVER again. How many times can you listen to All I Want for Christmas is You, Step into Christmas and Run Run Rudolph?

Ok, scratch that. I love Run Run Rudolph. It never gets old.

But seriously.

OH and don't forget, some version of the Little Drummer Boy plays every 20 minutes. And you KNOW my aversion to the Little Drummer Boy.

The ox and lamb kept time? Really? REALLY?! That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Anyway, if radio stations played some of the new Christmas tunes out there, or some of the good classics, I'd be a happy camper. Here are some suggestions:

Old Classics, New Artists
1. Baby It's Cold Outside - Lady Antebellum

You can't go wrong with Michael Buble
2. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow - Michael Buble (this is the only song I couldn't find on YouTube, so you're getting this version)

Or Andrea Bocelli
3. What Child is This - Andrea Bocelli and Mary J. Blige
4. God Bless Us Everyone - Andrea Bocelli

I've always been a fan of Wham!'s Last Christmas. I love both of these versions by two of my favorites:
6. Last Christmas - Taylor Swift
7. Last Christmas - The Cast of Glee

But these "classics" still get me goin':
8. Hard Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton

And then there's Lady GaGa. Yes, she has a Christmas song. Totally sacrilege. But pretty catchy, I must admit.
11. Christmas Tree - Lady GaGa, feat. Space Cowboy

Whew. I'm feeling more Christmas-spirited already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...