Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Parasailing!

This past weekend we went to the beach and I did something I've always wanted to do: parasailing.

Our neighbors at the beach, Roland and Susan, were celebrating their anniversary and Susan wanted to give Roland a parasailing trip. So my sister-in-law Teresa and I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and tag along.

We were all a little nervous the morning of, but it turned out to be SO. MUCH. FUN. 

Here are Roland and Susan getting strapped in:


And here they are in the air. The clouds look a little ominous in this picture, but it was really a perfect day.


Me and Teresa ready to take off (note the hottie parasailing guy):


And us in the air. This was taken from the back of the boat by Hottie.


In shadow:


And in sunlight:


Getting dipped in the water:


And again:


The next pictures were all taken from the rest of the gang, who followed us around on Lee's boat. I'm so glad we were able to get all of these awesome pictures, from a variety of angles.

I love this crooked shot for some reason:


Taking off:



In the clouds:






Sugar watchin' her mama:


It really was an awesome experience. Not scary at all. In fact, it was incredibly relaxing, because it's so quiet and peaceful when you're up in the air like that.

So, that's one thing to cross off my "life list." Now only about 387 more to go.

P.S. - Teresa just sent me this link today. Check out the Photos tab -- hundreds of sharks were photographed swimming between Shackleford Banks and Fort Macon. That's right where we were dipped into the water, and just four days earlier! I'm glad that's not the sight we saw when we were up in the air.

2 comments:

  1. I need the name and number to this parasailing company because if I ever do it, I want Hottie there. I can frolic with my stretch marks and saggy tits. He will be all over it I am sure.

    PS- Thanks for the pictures of all of the sharks. Maybe I will go to Shack this weekend and be eaten. I almost got eaten by a shark once? Have you ever heard that story? I'm sure I've talked about it in my tipsy stupor on the railing of the boardwalk at the Dock House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been parasailing but I've heard so many good things about it. Great captures – I love the last one with your pup keeping an eye on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...